Vancouver Island University offers integrated parking & security services. Parking and security personnel patrol parking lots, enforce parking regulations, and provide security services at the Nanaimo campus.
NOTE: The Parking/Security Office is located in Building 315, Room 110 and is open 8:30 am - 3 pm, Mondays to Fridays. The Parking/Security Office main telephone number is 250-740-6512. Email: email@example.com. After hours (weekends, evenings, or holidays), dial: 250-753-3812.
The Campus Parking/Security office is staffed from 8:30am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday
- Pay parking is in effect 12 months of the year, 8 am - 8 pm, Monday through Saturday, excluding holidays, at ALL parking lots on Campus.
- Drivers MUST read the signs that designate parking lots to ensure they have parked in the lot that they have purchased parking for via e-permit, pay station, mobile phone app, etc.
- Parking is permitted only in designated, marked parking stalls. No parking is permitted in fire lanes, loading zones, along yellow lines, areas designated for special use, along roadways or on landscaped areas or lawns.
- Parking is limited and on a first-come, first-parked basis; alternate forms of transportation such as public transit, carpooling, cycling, and walking to campus are highly recommended.
- The Parking/Security Office is located in Building 315, Room 110 and is staffed from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm (except statutory holidays).
- Parking Permits are available on-line from WestPark at https://westpark.com/epermits/viu/. See “Permits” page for details.
- Pay Stations on Campus will take $0.25, $1, $2 coins as well as MasterCard, VISA, and American Express. As well, some Pay Stations will accept debit cards, Google and Apply Pay.
- Under the terms of its pay parking policy, Vancouver Island University is offering the opportunity to seek a parking space on campus, rather than guaranteeing a parking spot to students, employees, and visitors.
Any vehicles parked, operated, or driven on campus shall be solely at the risk of the owner and the operator. Vancouver Island University or WestPark shall not be liable for any theft or damage occurring to any motor vehicle, vehicle contents, operator, or any other person.